Ayurvedic Yoga Massage – Abdomen & Chest Workshop
In this workshop we'll cover massaging the abdomen, chest (as much as possible while still covered for women) and front of the shoulders. It’s a wonderful part of the body to massage, and afterwards people feel light and centred. This sequence helps ease tension in the chest area and with breathing, and can also help with digestion problems, IBS, period pains, asthma/breathing difficulties, rounding of the shoulders, and shoulder girdle tightness leading to neck/shoulder pain.
Benefits – Bliss! More specifically –
– The workshops are fun and within the 4 hours you receive at 45-60 mins of massage
– By giving the massage you can feel the benefits of a loving kindness meditation combined with a gentle yoga practice
– Improve your understanding of mental attitides and posture, so that offering massage can be a pleasant, interesting, safe and relaxing experience for you in the future
– Both giving and receiving AYM help to understand the body better, as we experience the quality of muscles at the same time as observing how the body moves
This workshop appropriate for –
– Beginners to massage/non professionals. Your friends and family will love you just a little bit more!
– Experienced therapists – use it as CPD to get inspired by a new method, and add some AYM strokes and stretches to your existing practice.
– Yoga teachers who either want to improve their hands-on adjustments (you will understand how the body moves from a different perspective), or offer short massage sessions as part of their yoga privates.
– partners who get bored of massaging you after 5 minutes – this workshop is the antidote, they will see how interesting it is to massage people, and will not get bored again afterwards – money back guarantee!
An open mind and willingness to learn! If you have knee problems or difficulty sitting on the floor please contact us in advance to discuss how appropriate this workshop might be for you. Also please contact us in advance if you have reduced mobility or other conditions which might otherwise hinder you from receiving certain styles of massage, practising yoga or taking a massage course, we still haven’t found anyone who can’t give or receive AYM with some adjustments (we always adjust to the client’s body, and where they are on the day mentally and emotionally), but you might need to be prepared/comfortable to improvise and try different ways of working during the workshop.
A bit about Despina –
Despina came across Ayurvedic Yoga Massage 2011, and saw in it her niche – a way in which her skills and abilities could be used for no less than making the world a better place. She found it mind-blowing how amazingly well AYM works to make people feel more centred, more like themselves, happier, with less pain, better mobility, better function of the immune system, the digestive system, and better breathing. Such a simple technique, such amazing results! AYM helps the people who receive it, and at the same time it works like a gentle yoga and meditation practice for the person giving it. What more could she ask for? Despina started teaching as she wants more people to be able to experience the joy and amazing results of offering and receiving AYM. She loves the art of teaching, and is passionate about making her trainings fun and accessible, while at the same time packed with information and responding to the needs of each individual person and group. The best part? When people feel well, centred and happy they can be the best version of themselves, and that’s what the world needs to be a better place!
Early bird price £55 each or two people £100 until 27th June 2019. Full price £60 each or two people £110